An octree implementation + application on images. A project I did back in 2011.
In this implementation of Quadtree, you can find different trees. These differs of the way it collapse/reduce the nodes:
- OctreeUnBalancedLeastV1SideCollapsing: Least visited + collapse one side.
The hierarchy is like this: ![alt tag](https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ZGTR/Octree-Implementation/master/ScreenShots/Picture_0.png)
Mapping Functions in Images
- ColorComponent: distance according to R OR G OR B.
- ColorComponentsSum: distance according to R AND G AND B.
- ColorWeightedComponentSum: distance according to w_r * R AND w_g * G AND w_b * B. You can play with weights as you like. Humans eyes are more sensitive to R the most though.
- EcludianDistanceARGB: Ecludian distance between the sums of RGB.
- EcludianDistanceColorComponents: Ecludian distance between the RGB.