Anchor is a super-simple, lightweight blog system, made to let you just write. Check out the site.
- PHP 5.3+
- MySQL 5.1+
To determine your PHP version, create a new file with this PHP code:
<?php echo PHP_VERSION; // version.php. This will print your version number to the screen.
- Insure that you have the required components.
- Download Anchor either from here or by cloning this Github repo.
- Upload Anchor through FTP/SFTP or whatever upload method you prefer to the public-facing directory of your site.
- Ensure that the permissions for the
anchor/configfolders are set to
- Create a database for Anchor to install to. You may name it anything you like. The method for database creation varies depending on your webhost but may require using PHPMyAdmin or Sequel Pro. If you are unsure of how to create this, ask your host.
- Navigate your browser to your Anchor installation URL, if you have placed Anchor in a sub directory make sure you append the folder name to the URL:
- Follow the installer instructions
- For security purposes, delete the
installdirectory when you are done.
Please submit issues to anchorcms/anchor-cms and pull requests to *-dev branches.
Checking out Anchor
mkdir anchor-dev cd anchor-dev git init git remote add origin firstname.lastname@example.org:anchorcms/anchor-cms.git git checkout VERSION-dev git pull origin VERSION-dev
Replacing VERSION with the corresponding branch.