Installation / Using the script
If you can unzip files online (e.g. with CPanel):
fileman.zipto the directory of your webserver you want it to be, then extract it.
Send the contents of
fileman.zipto the directory of your webserver you want it to be.
Navigate to the directory you installed it in (
Follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: If this process doesn't work, you can also set it up manually
config-example.inc.php and then renaming it to
Go to the directory of your webserver you installed it. For instance, if you uploaded it to http://example.com/fileman/ , go there.
Fileman is a PHP script that lets you manage your files (upload, delete, rename, edit, etc), featuring such useful abilities as drag selection, and drag-and-drop file uploading.
Click on icon Select one file/folder
Ctrl+click on icon Select multiple files/folders
Double-click on icon Open file/folder
click on blank space Deselect all
Double-click on blank space Select all
Arrow keys Select in direction of arrow key
Cmd+A Select All
Cmd+X Cut (move)
Del (Fn+Delete) Delete
Cmd+Delete Delete without asking
Windows, Linux, and other OSes:
Ctrl+A Select All
Ctrl+X Cut (move)
Ctrl+Del Delete without asking
- Nathan Lapierre, for giving web hosting throughout these years. > novawave.ca
- Paul Klevorn, for helping test compatibility with iCab/Mac and Safari/Mac.
- David Capel and David Benjamin, for helping test compatibility with Konqueror/Linux.
- All other testers and idea-givers who wish to remain anonymous.
- The PHP Group, for making PHP.
Filecharger comes with addons that make use of these libraries:
- JW FLV Media Player for FLV playback > http://www.longtailvideo.com/players/jw-flv-player/
- PhpConcept Library Zip for ZIP compression/extraction > http://www.phpconcept.net/pclzip/index.en.php
- CodeMirror for syntax highlighting > http://marijn.haverbeke.nl/codemirror/
Q: I forgot my admin password, what do I do?
A: Open persist.inc.php, and change the admin password to FALSE (No
quotation marks), and delete the line that starts with
Then go to fileman/install.php and reinstall Filecharger.
Filecharger is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Filecharger is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with Filecharger. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
- Changed Name
AEsoft File Manager 1.0 RC1 [unreleased]
- Syntax highlighting in the text editor
- New keyboard shortcuts:
- Arrow keys to select
- Enter (OS X) to rename
- Cmd+Down (OS X) or Enter (other OSes) to open/view on other OSes
- Cmd+C, Cmd+V, etc - equivalent of Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, etc
- Cmd+Delete to delete
- Drag-and-drop file uploading on Chrome, Safari, and Firefox
- Upload progress bars on Chrome, Safari, and Firefox
- File and Folder Tasks have been removed because it duplicates functionality from the action bar and the right-click menu
AEsoft File Manager 1.0 Beta 3 Sept 30, 2008
- ZIP files can be extracted and created
- Administrator control panel changed
- Many bugfixes, security improvements, and other minor improvements
- Works correctly with files with ' " & % in their names
- Files that were unsuccessfully pasted will remain in clipboard
- Installer is better at reinstalling after Fileman has been moved
- Installer no longer crashes on PHP 4
- FLV player is resizable
AEsoft File Manager 1.0 Beta 2 Apr 24, 2008
- Files and folders can be copied and moved
- Files can be drag-selected
- CHMOD support
- Support for FTP
- Added an installer
- Keyboard combinations (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Del, F2...)
- Admin panel and action bar greatly improved and no longer experimental
- File and Folder Tasks has been obsoleted by the new action bar and is now collapsed by default
- Images can be previewed in sidebar
- Added FLV player
- Many other minor improvements and bug fixes
- TextEdit can change the linebreak type between CR+LF, LF, CR, etc
AEsoft File Manager 1.0 Beta 1 Nov 3, 2007
- Support for multiple users
- Experimental admin panel for editing users
- Action bar added
- Experimental support for one-click uploading
- Many icons updated
- Right-click menu added to empty space
- Textedit backported to File Manager
- Text files word-wrap properly now
AEsoft File Manager 0.3 Beta 2
- Upload form does not jump on Firefox/Konqueror/Safari any more
AEsoft File Manager 0.3 Beta 1
- PHP files are not allowed to be uploaded, to prevent exploits
- TinyMCE support removed, because it is near impossible to use with frames
AEsoft File Manager 0.2 Beta
- Changed name
- Added New File and New Folder options
- Folders can now be deleted as well as files
- Added new option: Use TinyMCE, defaults to off because of Firefox bug
- Some areas (config, readme) are rewritten to be clearer