A baseline feature set and jQuery compatible syntax for modern browsers. Use it as part of your toolset for page performance where the full version of jQuery is not desired.
This project is to:
- include the parts of jQuery that we can't live without and use native js methods for everything else
- download size of less than 500 bytes minified and gzipped
- offer 100% jQuery compatible syntax
- full support for jQuery style chaining
This project is NOT to:
- create a full featured jQuery alternative, checkout the zepto project if that is what you need
- create a plugin that is more than 500 bytes minified and gzipped
- Original Size: 1.7KB (576 bytes gzipped)
- Compiled Size: 1.23KB (483 bytes gzipped)
compilation done with Google Closure Compiler
Browser Support and Dependancy
Browser support dependencies:
Copyright (C) 2012 William Shackelford, Nat Hagey, M. Brandon Lorenz
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.