A shell script to easily select, download and run the versions of Maven and JDK you want for your build.
moot stands for "Maven boot". It allows to bootstrap a maven build by using (and downloading if required) a given version of Maven and JDK. These versions are indicated in the file moot.properties (cf. commented example in this repository).
moot can be used in the following use cases:
- you want a reproducible build, so you use the reproducible-build-maven-plugin, but you need a way to impose an exact version of Maven and JDK,
- you want a way to easily test your project with different versions of Maven and JDK,
- you want to be able to build your project from anywhere, even if Maven and JDK are not installed.
Currently, the script is working on Linux and "should" work on MacOS. For Windows users, it would be interesting to have an equivalent PowerShell script: feel free to propose a Pull Request!
- put moot.sh and moot.properties at the root of your maven project
- give execute permissions to moot.sh
- configure moot.properties to select the Maven and JDK versions you want
- use moot instead of mvn to run the build:
./moot.sh clean install
Currently, JDK are downloaded from the AdoptOpenJDK project. However, I plan to add other vendors (AWS Corretto, Oracle OpenJDK...) in the future.