Ansible script for HTPC
This is a simple ansible script that will setup HTPC machine from Fedora Silverblue machine using Kodi from flatpak.
- SSH access to target machine
- Clean Fedora 29 Silverblue installation
How to run this playbook
ansible-playbook -i <target_ip_address>, htpc-playbook.yml -e 'ansible_python_interpreter=/usr/bin/python3'
Fedora 29 Silverblue doesn't have python 2. This is the reason why you need to specify python interpreter.
If you don't want automatic updates add
How to start SSH daemon on Silverblue
If you created Silverblue with only root user, you will end up in GNOME logged as gnome-initial-setup user. To login as root you need to edit GRUB entry:
- Wait till you enter GRUB and hit
3to line beggining with
CTRL + x
You will end up in terminal and can login as root. To enable SSH daemon just run
systemctl enable sshd
and reboot the machine.
What this script does?
- Updates Silverblue to latest ostree image and installs cron
- Does a reboot to apply new ostree image
- Creates a new user
- Installs Kodi from flathub and set it as autostart application for
- Update GDM to automatically login as
- Disable specific gnome features (screensaver, dim screen, automatic updates)
- Creates cron job that is keeping Silverblue and Kodi up to date
- Does a reboot (you should end up in Kodi)