Cohort 15 Class Website
Spin up your browser of choice and check out the website!
Welcome from the graduates of Nashville Software School's Day Cohort 15! We've spent the last six months immersed in an intensive and cutting-edge programming curriculum and are to ready to join the ranks of Nashville's development community.
Some of the things we've learned
On the front-end:
- How to leverage modern design libraries, including Bootstrap and Materialize, to build visually compelling web apps and static websites
- The importance of rich commit histories and source control
- The fundamentals of object-oriented programming and their relevance and application in modern programming
- How to manage projects by applying industry best practices using Trello and Github Projects and Issues
- How to build modern ASP.NET, Web API, and CLI apps in C#/.NET
- How to write industry-standard feature tickets per the principles of behavior-driven development
- The Agile/SCRUM workflow, including daily stand-ups and regular interaction with product owners
- The fundamentals of solution design, including how to create entity relationship diagrams using draw.io
- How to use the Microsoft Entity Framework Core and ASP.NET Core Identity Framework to integrate user authentication
- How to write SQL queries and use SQLite technologies
- The principles and practice of test-driven development (TDD)