The DroneCode Probe is a generic JTAG / SWD + UART console adapter compatible with most ARM Cortex based designs and in particular with hardware maintained by the DroneCode project. It is a low-cost design with a BOM value around $10.00 and supported on all operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac OS).
Key Features / Added Value
- Firmware compatible to the Black Magic probe.
- Does not require OpenOCD or other software to run GDB on Windows, Linux or Mac OS.
- Better setup / usage experience compared to other JTAG probes
- Integrated 3.3V serial adapter for console access
- Solder-free support for common DroneCode cabling options:
- ARM Mini 10pos standard header
- DCD-S: DroneCode Debug connector small
- DCD-M: DroneCode Debug connector medium
- 6-pos DF13 console cable (Pixhawk 1.x)
Suggested Packaging Content
JST SUR and JST SH are required as minimum.
- JST SUR 6 pos cable (available from JST or at lower quantities from 3D Robotics)
- JST SH 6 pos cable (SparkFun)
- ARM Mini cable (Digi-Key)
- Hirose DF13 6-pos cable (3DR Store, or wires+headers from DigiKey)
This project is licensed under the terms of CC-BY-SA.