GSoC 2019 reports
Google Summer of Code 2019
Matrix project contribution reports: libQuotient end-to-end encryption
Name: Alexey Andreyev
Working branch: aa13q-E2EE
- Update the epic at the github repo
- * Implement qt5keychain based olm pickle saving (side task)
- Implement creating and registering one-time keys
- Implement configuring a room to use encryption
Handle incoming events (
- Downloading the device list for users in the room
- 1st bonding week: (6/05 - 12/05) formed manuals list, dived into the documentation. Formed a task to research libqtolm possible integration
- 2nd bonding week: (13/05 - 19/05) worked on a side task: "User color coding", added PRs to the Quotient library and the Quaternion client.
- 3rd bonding week: (20/05 - 26/05) trying libqtolm integration options: found qt5.10 qrandomgenerator usage
Coding officially begins
2nd week: (03/06 - 09/06) started working at issue quotient-im#87 "Upload device public keys". Saved for later (as TODO) a task of saving olm account pickle via qt5keychain.
3rd week: (10/06 - 16/06) worked on "Upload one-time keys task", OneTimeKeysManager class.
4th week: (17/06 - 23/06) finishing "Upload one-time keys task, moving from OneTimeKeysManager to EncryptionManager, changed settings API to appropriate
5th week: (24/06 - 30/06) finished EncryptionManager implementation draft, pushed PR, planning to implement handling incoming encryption events
8th week: (15/07 - 21/07) Implementing olm/megolm context managing at Room class