Sick Beard is currently an alpha release. There may be severe bugs in it and at any given time it may not work at all.
Sick Beard is a PVR for newsgroup users (with limited torrent support). It watches for new episodes of your favorite shows and when they are posted it downloads them, sorts and renames them, and optionally generates metadata for them. It currently supports NZBs.org, NZBMatrix, Bin-Req, NZBs'R'Us, EZTV.it, and any Newznab installation and retrieves show information from theTVDB.com and TVRage.com.
- automatic episode downloads for torrents and NZBs from any number of the 6 different supported index sites
- XBMC library updates, poster/fanart downloads, and NFO/TBN generation
- renames episode files for any show
- sends NZBs directly to SABnzbd, prioritizes and categorizes them properly
- available for any platform, uses simple HTTP interface
- can notify XBMC or use Growl to notify any Windows PC when new episodes are downloaded
- specials and double episode support
Sick Beard makes use of the following projects:
To run Sick Beard from source you will need Python 2.5+ and Cheetah 2.1.0+. The binary releases are standalone.