A custom Spotify iOS app that allows remote control commands to be taken from a Bluetooth device.
The app currently has the following features:
- Play tracks from user playlists randomly
- Integration with the "Now Playing" section on the lock screen and ability to receive remote control events from the lock screen.
- Use an RFduino to advance to the next track or go back to the previous track.
- Offline playback works sometimes - there is an issue with the Spotify cache being corrupted at times.
After cloning the project, you must run
git submodule init followed by
git submodule update in order to download the cocoalibspotify dependency. You will also need to get an application key from https://developer.spotify.com/technologies/libspotify/, and put it into an appkey.c file in the RemoteSpotify directory.
After installing the necessary software to program the RFduino and ensuring that the Arduino IDE is configured properly as detailed here, open the /RFDuinoSketches/Remote/Remote.ino sketch and upload it onto the RFduino.
- RGB Pushbutton Shield
- USB Shield (required for programming)
- CR2032 Coin Battery Shield (optional - for use when not powered by the USB Shield)
Copyright (c) 2014 Alex Schimp.
Licensed under the MIT License.