Table of Contents
- Target Audience
- Main Screen
- Problems Addressed
- Easy as 1, 2, 3
- User Stories
- User Experience
- ProTrip is the perfect road trip companion. It is designed to be on the go for people travelling between cities. Our goal is to make every pit stop count, by giving the user the tastiest local food options, cheapest gas prices, and best events at each of their pit stops.
- Login screen.
- Destination input.
- Food choices
- Gas prices
- Local Events
- Favorites - Search Next Pit Stop
- Finding cheap gas prices while on a road trip is challenging if you don't have a gasbuddy app.
- Knowing the best local restaurants is tough when you are passing through a city, which leads to people usually eating from unhealthy fast food chains when road tripping.
- Being aware of events happening in that city you are passing through requires a lot of planning. We wanted to make the user aware of all of these options with just a click.
- Google Maps and Apple Maps are helpful when you need to search food around you, but what about finding the best local food in your next pit stop 3 hours away? We wanted to help road trippers be able to plan ahead for these pit stops by enabling them to scout out the best local food options and cheapest gas prices at each stage of their journey.
Easy as 1, 2, 3
- Tell us where you're going.
- We'll give you the best recommendations.
- Save your favorites.
- "As a driver, I can quickly find the cheapest gas stations near me so I can save money."
- "As a visitor, I can find really good local food in whatever city I'm in."
- "As a user, the experience feels inuitive so I can get back to my road trip with the info I need."
- User logs in.
- User is asked, "What's your next pit stop?"
- User types in city name.
- User is shown local gas prices, local food options, and local events happening in that city.
- User is able to favorite particular choices which are saved into a dynamic city button that stores their favorite choices.
- When done the user is able to search for the next pit stop.
- Zomato API
- Ticketmaster API
- My Gas Feed API
- Front-End Design using Materialize
- Firebase Database