The idea is to create a replacement for isup.me / downforeveryoneorjustme.com, that will alert users when the status of a site changes, so that the user doesn't have to hit F5 waiting for the site to come back and the downed service only has to handle one request while the site is down rather than hundreds of users requesting the downed site.
- Check domains every 5 seconds with an HTTP request
- Sends desktop notifications to all users watching the domain when the status of the site changes
- The ability to test domains running on non-standard ports, domain.com:3000 for example
- See how many people are currently watching the domain
- Report domains that don't work with our service, to alert other users
To run this site you need to have nodejs and MongoDB installed. We are using email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
nave usemain 4.3.1 npm install npm run build npm start # development mode (watches for source changes) npm run watch
Copyright (C) 2016 Kenan Yusuf, Matthew Elphick, Owen Garland, Vaishal Parmar, Ben Parnell
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.