dmenu - dynamic menu
dmenu is an efficient dynamic menu for X.
This is a fork of dmenu - suckless project at: http://git.suckless.org/dmenu
- Blur Effect A fast and nice blur effect. Does not need OpenGL and is all CPU based.
- Meta Key Meta Key/Super Key closes the menu
- Mouse Full mouse support
- dmenu_run Now sorts applications by most executed
- dmenu_win Displays a list of window titles instead of commands and then switches to selected window
- dmenu_vol Displays volume percentages from 0 to 100% and sends it to amixer to set 'Master' channel
- dmenu_bl Displays brightness percentages from 0 to 100% and sends it to xbacklight to set it
- dmenu_media Sends media player commands! Play/Pause, Previous, Next, etc.
- dmenu_custom Displays of a list of custom scripts located in $HOME/.dwm/custom_scripts
- dmenu_home Browses through home folder and opens files
- dmenu_apps Browses through applications menu and launches apps
- dmenu_all Shows a menu with shortcuts to all above items
- lines Default value of lines in config.def.h is now set to 10. Originally it was 0.
- Works best with my fork of dwm
In order to build dmenu you need the Xlib header files. In order to run dmenu_win you need wmctrl utility installed. In order to run dmenu_vol you need alsa_utils installed. In order to run dmenu_bl you need xbacklight installed.
Edit config.mk to match your local setup (dmenu is installed into the /usr/local namespace by default).
Afterwards enter the following command to build and install dmenu (if necessary as root):
make clean install
See the man page for details.
THE STACK-BLUR PART OF THE CODE IS BASED ON GREATE WORK BY:
Mario Klingemann email@example.com
Link to the original work:
The original source code of stack-blur: