WARNING: The SHA256 functionality has been removed temporally because it's not generating valid license files.
This tool has been created to generate ISV licenses for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations using a USB CSP eToken. I'm using a modified version of the AXUtilLib assembly found in a MSDyn365FO VM packages bin folder to allow the usage of the USB token. This assembly is owned by Microsoft and I've only modified it with learning purposes.
The standard ISV licensing only supports software PFX (PKCS #12) format certificates. In case you buy a certificate and you get a CSP token you won't be able to export the private key needed to sign the license.
The latest version has been migrated to .NET5.
Transition to SHA265
The SHA1 hashing algorithm will be deprecated in early 2021. The tool supports both algorithms right now but please keep in mind that you should check with your certificate provider if yours supports SHA256 before SHA1 is finally retired.
You need to install the drivers and management software of your USB token first. Execute the program and fill in the mandatory fields:
- Signing algorithm: you need to choose between SHA1 and SHA256 (read the Transition to SHA256 part above)
- Path: the path where you want to save your license file.
- License code: the name of your license code (from Microsoft Visual Studio).
- Customer tenant: the customer's tenant name (from this screenshot).
- Serial number: the customer's tenant ID (labeled "Serial number" in the screenshot linked in the previous line).
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.