Multisite Maintenance Mode for WP
Multisite Maintenance Mode solves the problem of site users making content/database changes while performing maintenance on large multisite networks. It works by directing every user (except network admins) to their homepage when they attempt to log in. A message is displayed in the admin bar to direct them on where to find more information. Anonymous users can still view the site normally.
- Unzip and upload to
- Network activate the plugin
- Go to Network Settings -> Multisite Maintenance Mode
- Turn on Multisite Maintenance Mode
- Allow for network admins to specify the message link from the dashboard.
- Your idea here.
Multisite Maintenance Mode is licensed under the GPL v2 or later.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2, as published by the Free Software Foundation.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
- Added Español translation. Props to Andrew Kurtis of WebHostingHub
- Tested with WordPress 4.2.2
- Now ready for translation!
- Consolidated the PHP for easier maintenance.
- Added filter 'mmm_allow_user_with_capability' to allow lower-level users to access the WordPress admin.
- Initial code.