Ab3d.DXEngine is a DirectX 11 rendering engine for Desktop .Net applications. Ab3d.DXEngine is built for advanced business and scientific 3D visualization.
Ab3d.DXEngine uses super fast rendering techniques that can fully utilize graphics cards and provide the ultimate performance. It also supports top quality visuals with PBR materials and shadows.
The samples in this repository demonstrate many features of the engine and show that with .Net it is easily possible to create applications with complex 3D graphics.
The samples are using Ab3d.PowerToys library - the ultimate WPF and WinForms 3D toolkit library that greatly simplifies developing desktop applications with scientific, technical, CAD or other 3D graphics.
Both Ab3d.DXEngine and Ab3d.PowerToys are commercial libraries. You can start a 60-day trial when they are first used.
The Ab3d.DXEngine.Wpf.Samples repository contains two Visual Studio solutions:
- Ab3d.DXEngine MAIN SAMPLES.sln (.NET Framework 4.5)
- Ab3d.DXEngine MAIN SAMPLES core3.sln (.NET Core 3.0)
The projects uses the following dependencies:
- Ab3d.DXEngine - Core Ab3d.DXEngine assembly - https://www.nuget.org/packages/Ab3d.DXEngine
- Ab3d.DXEngine.Wpf - WPF support for Ab3d.DXEngine - https://www.nuget.org/packages/Ab3d.DXEngine.Wpf
- Ab3d.PowerToys - The ultimate WPF 3D helper library - https://www.nuget.org/packages/Ab3d.PowerToys
- SharpDX - core assembly for DirectX managed wrapper - https://www.nuget.org/packages/SharpDX
- SharpDX.DXGI - DirectX - DXGI managed API - https://www.nuget.org/packages/SharpDX
- SharpDX.Direct3D11 - Direct3D11 managed API - https://www.nuget.org/packages/SharpDX
- SharpDX.Mathematics - DirectX - Mathematics managed API - https://www.nuget.org/packages/SharpDX
- Assimp - Assimp 3D files importer (native library) - 32 and 64-bit dlls available in lib folder
- Assimp.Net - Managed wrapper for native assimp importer - available in lib folder
- Ab3d.PowerToys.Assimp - Assimp wrapper for WPF 3D objects - available in lib folder
- Online users guide: https://www.ab4d.com/DirectX/3D/Introduction.aspx
- Online reference help: https://www.ab4d.com/help/DXEngine/html/R_Project_Ab3d_DXEngine_Help.htm
- Forum: https://forum.ab4d.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11
- Related blog posts: http://blog.ab4d.com/category/DXEngine.aspx
- Feedback: https://www.ab4d.com/Feedback.aspx