Hello from Baltimore, MD
I'm a senior software developer with a particular interest in full-stack web development, distributed systems, creative coding, and teaching. I like building real-time messaging systems and tweaking user interfaces.
This account is a scratchpad for personal work and learning. The majority of what you'll find here aren't finished projects, it's more of a rough digital analog of the scratch paper piled around my physical workspace. When I'm working on an idea in my head, I use paper. When I'm working on an idea in software, I use code.
Professionally, I am a software developer for United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), building applications to support the US Asylum and Refugee programs, mostly in the interview and remote working space. Previously, I've worked with Adafruit Industries, MICA, Figure 53, SmartLogic, and an advantage blackjack team you haven't heard of.
Here's a few things you'll find in my repositories:
- Chrome Extensions: Timer, My New Tab
- A Ruby library for generating ULIDs
- A small small coding meetup in Baltimore (pre-COVID
- An anagram generator
- A pile of teaching materials: Intermedia Studio - Fall 2018, Interactive Spaces - Spring 2019 (and the big project we did), Creative Coding - Fall 2019, and Creative Coding - Spring 2020
- A multi-installation sensor network and data-driven generative bookcover design engine: MICAVIBE. Full story at karlssonwilker.com.
- 1-dimensional cellular automata
- A websocket library for p5.js and a reference server
If there's something else I should list or something you'd like to build with me, send me an email at email@example.com.