- You must have a Google account and some music and playlists in your library.
- You must have an Android device registered for Google Play Music.
- The Unofficial Google Music API is needed to access Google Play Music. It will automatically be installed together with Mopidy-GMusic.
Install the Mopidy-GMusic extension by running:
pip install mopidy-gmusic
Before starting Mopidy, you must add your Google username, password, and Android mobile device ID to your Mopidy configuration file:
[gmusic] username = alice password = secret deviceid = 0123456789abcdef
The mobile device ID is a 16-digit hexadecimal string (without a '0x'
prefix) identifying the Android device registered for Google Play
Music. You can obtain this ID by dialing
*#*#8255#*#* on your
phone (see the aid) or using this App
(see the Google Service Framework ID Key). You may also leave this
field empty. Mopidy will try to find the ID by itself. See the Mopidy
logs for more information.
The extension is enabled by default if all dependencies are available. You can simply browse through your library and search for tracks, albums, and artists. Google Play Music playlists are imported as well. You can even add songs from your All Access subscription to your library. Mopidy will able to play them.
- Issue #19: Public playlist support
- Issue #16: All playlist files are playable now
- Require Mopidy >= 0.18.
- Issue #17: Fixed a bug regarding various artist albums (compilations)
- Issue #18: Fixed Google Music API playlist call for version 3.0.0
- Issue #16 (partial): All Access tracks in playlists are playable now
- Issue #15: Fixed a bug regarding the translation of Google album artists to Mopidy album artists
- Issue #12: Now able to play music from Google All Access
- Issue #9: Switched to the Mobileclient API of Google Music API
- Issue #4: Generate Album and Artist Search Results
- Issue #11: Browsing the library fixed by implementing find_exact()
- Initial release