OpenSTA, Static Timing Analyzer
Copyright (c) 2019, Parallax Software, Inc.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
Parallax Gate Level Static Timing Analyzer
See INSTALL for installation and build instructions. Alternatively, run using Docker as described in the next section
Run using Docker
- Install Docker on Windows, Mac or Linux.
- Navigate to the directory where you have the input files.
- Run OpenSTA as a binary using
docker run -it -v $(pwd):/data openroad/opensta
- From the interactive terminal, use OpenSTA commands. You can read input files from
/datadirectory inside the docker container (e.g.
read_liberty /data/liberty.lib). You can use OpenSTA in non-interactive mode by passing a command file using
-fflag as follows
docker run -it -v $(pwd):/data openroad/opensta -f /data/cmd_file. Note that the path after
-fis the path inside container, not on the guest machine.
Standard file formats
Exception path support
- False path
- Multicycle path
- Min/Max delay
- Exception points
- -from clock/pin/instance -through pin/net -to clock/pin/instance
- Edge specific exception points
- -rise_from/-fall_from, -rise_through/-fall_through, -rise_to/-fall_to
- Source latency (insertion delay)
- Gated clock checks
- Multiple frequency clocks
- Integrated Dartu/Menezes/Pileggi RC effective capacitance algorithm
- External delay calculator API
- Report timing checks -from, -through, -to, multiple paths to endpoint
- Report delay calculation
- Check timing setup
- Query based incremental update of delays, arrival and required times
- Simulator to propagate constants from constraints and netlist tie high/low
Timing engine library
- Network adapter uses external netlist database without duplicating any data