Installing Jekyll is easy and straight-forward, but there are a few requirements you’ll need to make sure your system has before you start.
Important: The latest version of brume uses
site.baseurl for links, therefore, if you want to put your site in a subdirectory, update the _config.yml file!
- Download the ZIP file and extract it's contents.
- Open _config.yml file and enter your site's URL and add additional configuration or update the existing one if needed.
- Open _data/abdullah.yml file and fill in values for site name (site title), author (your name) and description (blog description). This file contains all the custom information about your page. You can access it using
- Open about/index.md file and add information about you or your site. You can delete this file and directory if not needed.
- Open _data/links.yml and add additional links or update the existing ones that you want to be displayed in the navigation menu.
- If you don't want to use CC BY-NC 4.0 licence for the content, then you should change the footer text, which is located in _layouts/default.html.
- Generate your site and be happy!