Web Architecture Primer
A visual overview of how your everyday web apps work.
Get the jargon out of the way and grasp an understanding of the 'Big Picture'
Follow the journey of a web request, from your click to your reading the content you asked for.
HOWTO use it
- hover on a word to get a short definition
- hover over a number to see what happens at this step
- on mobile, touching instead of clicking ;)
You can help!
- visual design, colors, attractiveness
- rephrasing words and make explanations clearer
- feel free to ping me on Twitter @abelar_s, or fork this project on GitHub!
- more languages
- use pretty icons
- get people's feedback on the idea and texts
- Social Shares: https://github.com/panzi/SocialSharePrivacy
- use JS Plumb
- to make it clear? http://jsplumbtoolkit.com/jquery/flowchartConnectorsDemo.html
- to make a game? http://jsplumbtoolkit.com/jquery/draggableConnectorsDemo.html
Our lives increasingly depends on computers and networks, especiially the Internet and web applications. Having a basic understanding how they work should be part of today's education, a skill as important as writing or counting. Information is power. Get yours back!