Pelican is a simple weblog generator, written in Python.
- Write your weblog entries directly with your editor of choice (vim!) in reStructuredText or Markdown
- Includes a simple CLI tool to (re)generate the weblog
- Easy to interface with DVCSes and web hooks
- Completely static output is easy to host anywhere
Pelican currently supports:
- Blog articles and pages
- Comments, via an external service (Disqus). (Please note that while useful, Disqus is an external service, and thus the comment data will be somewhat outside of your control and potentially subject to data loss.)
- Theming support (themes are created using jinja2)
- PDF generation of the articles/pages (optional)
- Publication of articles in multiple languages
- Atom/RSS feeds
- Code syntax highlighting
- Import from WordPress, Dotclear, or RSS feeds
- Integration with external tools: Twitter, Google Analytics, etc. (optional)
Have a look at the documentation for more information.
Heh, you didn't notice? "Pelican" is an anagram for « Calepin » ;)
You can access the source code via git at: https://github.com/ametaireau/pelican
If you feel hackish, have a look at the explanation of Pelican's internals.
If you want to see new features in Pelican, don't hesitate to offer suggestions, clone the repository, etc. There are many ways to contribute. That's open source, dude!
Contact me at "alexis at notmyidea dot org" for any request/feedback! You can also join the team at #pelican on irc.freenode.org (or if you don't have any IRC client, use the webchat) for quick feedback.