Hacker News Reader- Facebook Style
In my quest to learn Android programming I joined Udacity Android Developer Nanodegree Program and it culminated in a capstone project of choice. Being a frequent visitor of Hacker News. I decided to code a hacker news reader app with the styling of Facebook newsfeed. Will showcase the app here and elaborate on the image extraction logic.
- Hacker News API
- Jsoup- To parse the weblinks and enable extraction of main image from the link.
- Picasso- For image processing in Image views.
- Okhttp- For web network calls.
- Simonvt.Schematic- For content provider setup.
Google Services Used
- GCM (Google Task Service)- For periodic task to load data and keep the app news feed updated in backend.
- Google Analytics- To measure user activity to named screens