This is just a sample app to play with:
- express as web server
- mongoose as NoSQL ODM
- jade as view templating engine
- stylus as CSS engine
- jQuery and jQueryUI as client side technology
This IS NOT intended to be a catalogue of best practices. This is just a very simple sample plenty of room for improvement. This modifications are inspired by following posts:
- Tutorial node.js + express + jquery (IV): Conclusiones y próximos pasos
- Mostrar avisos y errores con jQuery UI
TO BE IMPROVED
Persistence. Remove mocks and try MongoDB+mongoose or other NoSQL database. Better interface. Integrate some free template and improve it with "jQuery UI" widgets. Complete CRUD. Implement missing features.
- Session control. Implement things like authentication, autorisation, etc., and mantain state via cookies.
- Unit tests. Maybe we could try "expresso".
- Better client architecture. Playing a bit with client frameworks to improve databinding and validation (Knockout, Backbone, etc).