- Download the repository
- Update backup_db_config.php with your database information, desired backup location and How many days you would like to keep old backups (default: 7)
- Either manually run the script or add it to your crontab
Originally created by Dagon Design (www.dagondesign.com).
- MySQL Backup Script v2.1 - May 3, 2007
- For more documentation and new versions, please visit: http://www.dagondesign.com/articles/automatic-mysql-backup-script/
- Much credit goes to Oliver Mueller (email@example.com) for contributing additional features, fixes, and testing.
Updated by Matt McManus (firstname.lastname@example.org, http://mattmcman.us) - Aug 18th, 2010
- Moved logs to it's own folder
- Added support for log rotation. Set the CLEANUP_AFTER variable to how many days of backup you want to keep
- Removed support for emailing backups. Why would anyone do this?
- Added server hostnames to the log
- Logs can now be emailed everytime to job is run