Ably Android mobile demo
Ably is a hugely scalable, superfast and secure hosted real-time messaging service for web-enabled devices. Find out more about Ably.
This Android demo uses the Ably real-time message service and provides a simple example of how to use the following features:
- Channels and publishing and subscribing to messages
- Presence, entering channels and subscribing to presence events
- Token authentication from a URL
View demo on a mobile device or a device emulator
- Make sure you have Android SDK and Android Studio installed.
- Open Android Studio and select
Open an existing Android Studio project.
- Use the
Runmenu to either run or debug the application.
- Select your mobile or virtual (emulated) device
- Use the app.