Ably iOS mobile demo
Ably is a hugely scalable, superfast and secure hosted real-time messaging service for web-enabled devices. Find out more about Ably.
This iOS demo uses the Ably real-time message service and provides a simple example of how to use the following features:
- Channels and publishing and subscribing to messages
- Presence, entering channels and subscribing to presence events
- Token authentication from a URL
Running the demo on a mobile device or a device emulator
- Make sure you have Xcode 7.3 or later installed.
- Make sure you have CocoaPods installed.
- Open a terminal, navigate to the cloned repository and type
pod installto install all dependencies
- After that, open Xcode and select
Open another project.
- Locate and open
- From the top toolbar in Xcode select either one of the provided simulator devices, or a real hardware device.
- Use the
Product -> Runmenu to either run or debug the application.
- Use the app.