Prototype mobile apps with simple HTML, CSS and JS components.
- Clone the repo
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:maker/ratchet.gitor just download the bundled CSS and JS
- Read the docs to learn about the components and how to get a prototype on your phone
- We will have example apps to check out very soon!
Take note that our master branch is our active, unstable development branch and that if you're looking to download a stable copy of the repo, check the tagged downloads.
Reporting bugs & contributing
A small list of "gotchas" are provided below for developers starting to work with Ratchet
- Ratchet is designed to respond to touch events from a mobile device. In order to use mouse click events (for desktop browsing and testing), you have a few options:
- Enable touch event emulation in Chrome (found in the overrides tab in the web inspector preferences)
Ratchet is just getting started. Here are some of the immediate features we're thinking about:
- Shelf (exposable left hand navigation a la Path or Facebook)
- Slide control
- More list views options
- Improved active states (especially for lists)
- Docking list dividers
- Touch library for richer touch events (swipes, long press, etc)
- Hiding title bar (hides with scroll)
Even these are just the short-term goals though. We eventually want to extend Ratchet beyond the prototying for iPhone and create HTML/CSS/JS components for iPad and Android devices. Our dream is that Ratchet becomes the best way to create mobile experiences with web standard languages.
Ratchet is licensed under the MIT License.