Welcome to your new favorite trip planner!
git clone https://github.com/abraidotti/cal.git
then navigate to http://localhost:3000
Follow these steps to have the most fun:
First, log in:
- If you are new, click sign up and fill out the required fields
- If you are old, fill out the required fields and log in
Next, create a trip:
- Click "Trips" in the navigation
- Fill out the fields under "Add a Trip" on the right hand side of the page
- To view your trip, find it on the "Trips" page, it will be on the left-hand side under "My Trips"
- You can view all the details about your trip when you click on your desired trip
Next, create events:
- Click "Events" in the navigation
- Fill out the fields under "Add an event" underneath the Display Map
- If you want to add this event to an existing trip, make sure you set the start time to fall within the trip duration!
- To view your event, find it on the "Events" page, it will be on the bottom unless you sort the events differently...
- You can sort the events by "Cost", "Name", "Location", "Start Time", and "Duration"; each of these sort from least to greatest
Next, add your event(s) to your trip(s)! There are a few ways to do this:
- You can click "Trips" in the navigation and choose your desired trip
- At the bottom of the page, there is a drop down button to add an event you have created to your trip
- Simply choose your desired events and click "Assign"
- Repeat as desired (but you can't add an event more than once for each trip)
- You can click "Events" in the navigation and choose from the list of available events
- If this event's start time falls within the duration of one of your trips, you may add it with the drop down menu at the bottom of the page
- If this event's start time does NOT fall within the duration of one of your trips but you still think its #supercool, you can click "Yes, do it" at the bottom of the page which will take you to a "Clone this Event" page
- On this page, you can clone everything about the event, but you must choose a new start time and which event you'd like to add it to
- Please mind that if you choose a new start time that does not fall within one of your trip durations, it still won't work when you hit "Clone me"!
Finally, if you'd like to view your calendar click on "Calendar" in the navigation, the highlighted days represent days of trips you have created. If you click on a highlighted day, it will show you all the events planned for that day!
Plan away :)