Android Usagestats XML & Protobuf Parser
To view details on the script and accompanying SQL query see the blogpost here:
- Extract usagestats directory.
- Place script in the same root directory as the extracted usagestats directory.
- Run script. No arguments needed.
- Open the generated usagestats.db SQLite database with any SQLite viewer software.
- Run the results.sql query on the generated database.
- Export the results and/or modify SQL query as needed.
This now works with both XML based usagestats as well as the newer Protocol buffer one. For Protocol buffer support the following is a pre-requirement: pip install protobuf
Thanks and all credit go to Yogesh Khatri for protobuf support. FOr more information see the following blogpost: https://www.swiftforensics.com/2020/01/usagestats-on-android-10-q.html