Note: These steps have only been tested up to VS2010.
Steps for building/running the ToDoList_Plugins solution
- Clone the repo cleanly Note: You will also need to clone 'ToDoList_Dev' alongside as the plugins depend on some shared header files
- Build the solution as-is ('PluginsHelper' should be the active project)
- Note: The first time you build the solution, projects dependent on 'PluginHelpers' may fail to find the dll but just build again (not rebuild) and this second pass should succeed.
- Close all instances of ToDoList
- Run the solution as-is which will display an error saying ToDoList.exe could not be found
- Copy just ToDoList.exe from your latest build to the location in the error message. DO NOT MODIFY THE PATH IN THE PROJECT FILE
- Re-run the solution and ToDoList should now appear
- Plugins should now be accessible (for debugging) in the following locations:
- 'Tools > Export Tasks' for MarkdownImpExp and SampleImpExp
- 'Comments Type' for MDContentControl
- 'Task View Tab Bar' for DayViewUIExtension, SampleUIExtension, StatsUIExtension and WordCloudUIExtension