Accudio Tweaks - misc wordpress tweaks
Some basic tweaks and changes for Wordpress built for sites built by Accudio. Rather than installing many plugins with a large number of features this is a simple plugin with tweaks to simplify the admin panel, enable security headers and to add further customisability to WooCommerce.
All options can be enabled or disabled for users without the manage_options permission
- Remove 'Quick Edit' option in post and page manager.
- Remove 'Edit' option in Admin Bar when viewing a page.
- Remove 'Trash' option in post and page manager.
- Hide Author and Comment columns in post and page manager.
- Change 'Edit' link and title in page and post manager to instead edit the post with Elementor Page Builder.
- Hide Yoast SEO Columns, Filters, Dashboard Widget and lower metabox priority
- Add WordPress GDPR capabilities to User Role Editor.
For all requests sets the headers:
- 'X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block';
- 'X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff';
Also has configurable options to:
- Forcing the use of HTTPS with the 'Strict-Transport-Security' header;
- Configurable Frame options with header 'X-Frame-Options';
- Content Security Options for default-src, script-src, style-src, font-src, img-src, frame-src, object-src;
If WooCommerce is enabled:
- Hide any out of stock products from frontend shop interface;
- Hide shipping dimensions from product pages;
- Hide SKU on product pages;
- Force removal of Woocommerce sidebar (if this cannot be done in theme)
A working installation of Wordpress, v1.0.0 of the plugin has been tested with Version 4.9.4 but should work on many versions. v2.0.0 and above requires the plugin Advanced Custom Fields Pro, in order to simplify development. As this is a common plugin for Wordpress Professionals, this is believed to be a satisfactory compromise.
- Download the latest release zip file:
- Extract the zip in the /wp-content/plugins/ directory:
plugins/includes the folder
- Log in to Wordpress administration page:
- Go to 'Plugins';
- Enable plugin 'Accudio Tweaks';
- For options go to 'Settings' > 'Accudio Tweaks'
- v2.1.1 - Fixed new option not using ACF stylised UI
- v2.1.0 - Added option to add WordPress GDPR capabilities to User Role Editor
- v2.0.1 - Added option to lower Yoast SEO metabox priority
- v2.0.0 - Changed plugin to be dependent on Advanced Custom Fields for settings page
- v1.1.5 - Added option to disable Yoast Dashboard widget and made column/filter settings also apply to edit posts view
- v1.1.4 - Enhanced Elementor edit links to be easier to use
- v1.1.3 - Fixed Redirect URL to continue displaying current page in navigation.
- v1.1.2 - Changed formatting and styling in settings page to be easier to use.
- v1.1.1 - Restructured repo to allow easier cloning into 'wp-content/plugins/'.
- v1.1.0 - Added CSP 'object-src' to plugin options
- v1.0.0 - Initial public release