DEFC stands for Digitizing Early Farming Cultures, a project conducted by the Austrian Academy of Sciences. The DEFC-App is an application for curating, exploring, and retrieving archaeological datasets.
The DEFC-App is based on Django 1.8 and was developed and tested with Python 3.4.
- Clone the repository and check out the master branch which holds the latest stable version.
- Change to the project´s root directory.
- Create a virtual environment.
pip install -r requirements.txtto install all required packages.
- Change directory into
dummysettings.pyaccording to your custom database.
- Open a terminal, change to the project´s root directory.
python manage.py runserver --settings=orea.settings.dummysettings
- Open a browser of your choice and enter http://127.0.0.1:8000/defcdb/.
- If everything worked out, you should see something like on this demo-page
Import controlled vocabularies
On of the main assets of the DEFC-App is its carefully curtated controlled vocabulary which helps keeping the different datasets as homogeneous as possible.
- more to come....