tinysite is a static site generator.
Who is this for?
tinysite is for jekyll users who want a faster edit-preview loop, faster site regeneration, and are more inclined to hack Python than Ruby.
Features and Goals
- Content is authored in markdown and separated from presentation.
- Templates are user-controlled, extensible via plugins/filters, and authored in a standard template language (jinja2).
- Incremental site rebuilds are fast, correct, and use a standard build tool (make).
- Content files can contain a data section in a standard data format (json).
- Data sections can include external data via file inclusion.
- Pages which aggregate content + data from multiple other pages are possible (eg blog home page, archives).
- There's a dynamic http server that makes your edit-preview loop fast.
- Minification and asset compilation are possible and use the same standard build tool.
- Dependencies are minimal. You can rebuild your site on a resource-constrained box.