Open 3D Model Viewer
A general-purpose 3D model viewer. Based on Open Asset Import Library, it supports reading about fourty 3D file formats, including FBX, DXF, Collada, Obj, X, PLY, 3DS, LWO, LWS, STL and IFC (full list).
Some key features:
- Powerful 3D preview that leverages modern rendering and lighting technologies and thus gives a good impression of how scenes would look in a modern 3D game, or even in non-realtime renderings.
- Skeletal animation playback at arbitrary speed or single-step.
- Efficient tools to inspect the scene or parts of it. Filtering and isolating elements is made as easy as possible.
- Tabbed UI, so multiple scenes can be open at the same time
- Replace textures and fix missing paths by Drag & Drop
- Multiple viewports (up to 4) and different camera modes such as orbit cameras or even First-Person
- A multitude of texture file formats is supported through DevIL. Textures are being loaded asynchronously, so there are no extra waiting times if you only care about geometry
- Export of scenes (or parts of scenes) is supported. Output formats include Collada, PLY, STL, OBJ (as of now).
3-clause BSD license. Read
LICENSE for the details, but it boils down to "use as you like but reproduce the copyright notice".
Contributions to the projects are highly appreciated. Simply fork the project on Github, hack, and send me a PR.
As a starter, lots of open3mod features (such as high-quality rendering) have been started and are present in the codebase, but are currently disabled. Contact me if you'd like to help out, but don't know where to start.