What is µGUI?
µGUI is a free and open source graphic library for embedded systems. It is platform-independent and can be easily ported to almost any microcontroller system. As long as the display is capable of showing graphics, µGUI is not restricted to a certain display technology. Therefore, display technologies such as LCD, TFT, E-Paper, LED or OLED are supported. The whole module consists of three files: ugui.c, ugui.h and ugui_config.h.
- µGUI supports any color, grayscale or monochrome display
- µGUI supports any display resolution
- µGUI supports multiple different displays
- µGUI supports any touch screen technology (e.g. AR, PCAP)
- µGUI supports windows and objects (e.g. button, textbox)
- µGUI supports platform-specific hardware acceleration
- 16 different fonts available
- cyrillic fonts supported
- TrueType font converter available (https://github.com/AriZuu)
- integrated and free scalable system console
- basic geometric functions (e.g. line, circle, frame etc.)
- can be easily ported to almost any microcontroller system
- no risky dynamic memory allocation required
µGUI is platform-independent, so there is no need to use a certain embedded system. In order to use µGUI, only two requirements are necessary:
- a C-function which is able to control pixels of the target display.
- integer types for the target platform have to be adjusted in ugui_config.h.