This is a Rails 6 app.
This README describes the purpose of this repository and how to set up a development environment. Other sources of documentation are as follows:
- UI and API designs are in
- A playbook for failure scenarios and what to do can be found in
- The authorisation policy for this app can also be found in
doc/- this details the types of users and the permissions they have.
This project requires:
- Ruby 2.7.4, preferably managed using rbenv
- Google Chrome for headless Capybara testing
- PostgreSQL must be installed and accepting connections
- Redis must be installed and accepting connections
On a Mac, you can obtain all of the above packages using Homebrew.
If you need help setting up a Ruby development environment, check out this Rails OS X Setup Guide.
See our contribution guide for full instructions on getting set up and contributing to the project!
If you know what you're doing already,
bin/setup should get you set up, and you can run
bin/ci-run to make sure you've got locally passing tests.
Ensure the following environment variables are set in the deployment environment to configure
the environment. Other, application-specific configuration keys can be found in
We support the latest 2 versions (stable releases) of major browsers for desktop and mobile. At the time of writing this is:
|Chrome||76, 75||76, 75||76, 75|
|Edge||17, 16||N/A||15, 14|
|Firefox||69, 68||18, 17||68, 67|
|Safari||13, 12||12, 11||N/A|
You can check the versions covered by our
browserslist configuration here