guile-xmlrpc is an XMLRPC module for Guile. Guile already has the wonderful sxml module that allows XML document creation and parsing. guile-xmlrpc goes one step further and combines sxml with some macros and procedures that simplifies even more the creation and parsing of XMLRPC documents.
Download the latest tarball and untar it:
If you are cloning the repository make sure you run this first:
$ autoreconf -vif
Then, run the typical sequence:
$ ./configure --prefix=<guile-prefix> $ make $ sudo make install
Where <guile-prefix> should preferably be the same as your system Guile installation directory (e.g. /usr).
If everything installed successfully you should be up and running:
$ guile scheme@(guile-user)> (use-modules (xmlrpc)) scheme@(guile-user)> (sxmlrpc (array 1 2 3)) (array (data (value (int 1)) (value (int 2)) (value (int 3))))
It might be that you installed guile-xmlrpc somewhere differently than your system’s Guile. If so, you need to indicate Guile where to find guile-xmlrpc, for example:
$ GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/usr/local/share/guile/site guile
A pkg-list.scm file is also provided for users of the Guildhall/Dorodango packaging system.
guile-xmlrpc provides a few procedures to parse and build XMLRPC documents. An XMLRPC document is transformed into native Guile values (see sxmlrpc->scm and derivates) according to the following table:
|<i4>, <int>, <double>||number|
|<base64>||string (already decoded)|
|<struct>||hash table (keys are strings)|
To start using guile-xmlrpc procedures and macros you first need to load the module:
scheme@(guile-user)> (use-modules (xmlrpc))
- (xmlrpc-request-method request) : Gets the method symbol from the given XMLRPC native request.
- (xmlrpc-request-params request) : Gets the parameters from the given XMLRPC native request. The parameters will be of one of the XMLRPC native types.
- (xmlrpc-response-params response) : Gets the parameters from the given XMLRPC native response. The parameters will be of one of the XMLRPC native types.
- (xmlrpc-response-fault? response) : Tells whether the given XMLRPC native response is a fault response.
- (xmlrpc-response-fault-code response) : Gets the fault error code from the given XMLRPC native response.
- (xmlrpc-response-fault-message response) : Gets the fault error message from the given XMLRPC native response.
- (sxmlrpc->scm sxml) : Reads an XMLRPC document from its SXML representation from sxml and converts it to native types.
- (xmlrpc->scm port) : Reads an XMLRPC document from the given port and converts it to native types.
- (xmlrpc-string->scm str) : Reads an XMLRPC document from the string str and converts it to native types.
The macro sxmlrpc allows easier construction of XMLRPC documents. It does so by avoiding to specify most of the XMLRPC elements. For example, it is not necessary to specify that a value is an integer or double, as it us automatically detected from the native type and the proper XMLRPC element is used.
The allowed patterns inside the sxmlrpc macro are base64, array, struct, request, response and response-fault.
Below is the correspondence between the sxmlrpc pattern and the generated XMLRPC elements:
- (sxmlrpc value): where value can be a native type (number, boolean, string or date) or one of the other allowed macros.
- (base64 str): <base64> where str will be encoded.
- (array val …): <array> where val … is the list of array values.
- (struct (‘k v) …): <struct> where (‘k v) … is a list of pairs k and v, where k is a symbol (needs to be quoted) and v is the associated value (can use sxmlrpc macros).
- (request ‘name): <methodCall> where name is a symbol of to the method (needs to be quoted).
- (request ‘name p): <methodCall> where name is a symbol of to the method (needs to be quoted) and p … is the list of parameters (can use sxmlrpc macros).
- (response p): <methodResponse> where p is the single return value (can use sxmlrpc macros).
- (response-fault code message): <methodResponse> response fault where code is an integer with the error code and message is the error message string.
- (response-fault ,code ,message)/: <methodResponse> response fault where /,code/ is an error code variable and /,message/ is an error message variable.
guile-xmlrpc is freely available for download under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3).
Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. This file is offered as-is, without any warranty.
Copyright (C) 2013-2018 Aleix Conchillo Flaque <firstname.lastname@example.org>