js-exploration-base) is the base branch, against which all PoCs should be developed.
This branch consists of:
- Drupal 8 core (the
8.1.xbranch, i.e. the next minor version)
- Patches against Drupal 8 core for bugs that are getting in the way of PoCs (for example: bugs in Drupal’s REST API).
- An “install profile” called “JS exploration” that sets up default configuration and a custom theme.
- Every participant works in their own branch, frequently rebasing on top of
- Every participant adds a Drupal module to implement their PoC to
/modules/<a module name>. For an example, see the PoC that implements this using Drupal’s “AJAX Framework”: https://github.com/acquia/js-exploration/compare/js-exploration-base...ajax, and another one that uses Backbone: https://github.com/acquia/js-exploration/compare/js-exploration-base...backbone.
- Running into a Drupal problem? Create an issue in this GitHub project. We’ll fix it for you.
- Environment: PHP 5.5.9 or newer, SQLite, MySQL, MariaDB or PostgreSQL. PHP 7 works also.
- Web server (and probably a virtual host) must point to the directory that contains
- Access that hostname via your browser. Welcome to Drupal’s installer. Choose the “JS exploration” installation profile.