Web application build to encourage and support people in overcoming the obstacles inhibiting them from exploring the experiences on their bucketlist in pursuit of fulfillment.
Acressity was birthed from interpopulus.com (may she rest in peace), a website designed to help its creator fulfill experiences on his bucketlist with the knowledge that doing so would bring him out of his comfort zone and transcend a lifestyle which was stagnating. It provided significant support from the community, financial resources, and a drive sourced from accountability and commitment, enriching the experiences in the process. Upon completion of the experience of riding his bicycle across America, Acressity started being developed to replace Interpopulus as a website anyone could use to being themselves to the essence of being at the peak of existence.
- Acressity runs on the Python framework Django.
- MySQL fuels the database.
- Stripe is integrated for financial transactions so benefactors can fund the experiences of others through bounty system.
- Git is used for version control.
- Passion and vivacity for life fuels the exploration of new experiences.
- Vicarious experience, empathy, interconnectedness drives benefaction.