Version 0.6.1 includes bug fixes and some minor features.
- Bugfix: unref of a null player when no players are present
- Playerctl now searches the system bus for players
- Parse trackid as a string as a workaround for noncompliant players
- Various meson fixes
Version 0.6.0 includes bug fixes and new features.
- control multiple players at once by putting commas between the names
- add the --all-players option to control all players at once
- lib: better cache invalidation strategy for getting properties
- bugfix: Set position in fractional seconds
- Fix various memory leaks and errors
NOTE: This will be the last minor release that uses autotools. Playerctl will switch to the meson build system as of the next minor release.
Github releases will have a debian package and an rpm, but these will soon be deprecated as package maintainers create official packages for distros.
Version 0.5.0 includes some new features.
- Add workaround for Spotify to get metadata
positioncli command to query and set position
positionproperty to Player and method to set position to
Version 0.4.2 includes several important bug fixes.
Playdirectly instead of a
PlayPausemessage depending on player status. This was an exception for Spotify that is no longer needed.
- Fix memory errors when an initialization error occurs.
This version adds the following features and bugfixes
- List players with cli
- Fix a bug in the build for some platforms
- Remove claim of mplayer support
This release includes some major bugfixes and some new features mostly for the library for use in applications.
- Add the "stop" library and cli command
- Add the "exit" signal - emitted when the player exits
- Implement player class memory management
- Add version macros
The following quirks have been corrected (should not be breaking)
- Player "player_name" property getter returns the player name and not the DBus name
- Player "stop" event correctly emits "stop" and not "pause"
- Add include guards so only
<playerctl/playerctl.h>can be included directly
Additional packages available by request
This release adds convenient metadata accessors and improves error handling
- Add get_artist method to player
- Add get_title method to player
- Add get_album method to player
- Add get_metadata_prop to player
- Add [KEY] option to metadata cli
- Bugfix: gracefully handle property access when connection to dbus fails by returning empty properties
This release adds some new player commands and improves error handling
- Add the "next" CLI command and player method used to switch to the next track
- Add the "previous" CLI command and player method used to switch to the previous track
- Print an error message when no players are found in the CLI and propagate an error on initialization in this case in the library
- Print an error message when a command fails in the CLI and propagate an error in this case in the library