Actions on Google: Dialogflow Conversation Components Sample
A simple sample showing the visual conversation components available with Actions on Google.
Choose one of the two options listed below for setup. You only need to complete one of the two options below to setup this sample.
Option 1: Add to Dialogflow (recommended)
Click on the Add to Dialogflow button below and follow the prompts to create a new agent:
Option 2: Dialogflow restore and Firebase CLI
- Use the Actions on Google Console to add a new project with a name of your choosing and click Create Project.
- Click Skip, located on the top right.
- On the left navigation menu under BUILD, click on Actions. Click on Add Your First Action and choose your app's language(s).
- Select Custom intent, click BUILD. This will open a Dialogflow console. Click CREATE.
- Click on the gear icon to see the project settings.
- Select Export and Import.
- Select Restore from zip. Follow the directions to restore from the
agent.zipfile in this repo.
- Deploy the fulfillment webhook provided in the
functionsfolder using Google Cloud Functions for Firebase:
- Create a Firebase project in the Firebase Console if you don't have one already.
- Follow the instructions to set up and initialize Firebase SDK for Cloud Functions. Make sure to reply "N" when asked to overwrite existing files by the Firebase CLI.
firebase deploy --only functionsand take note of the endpoint where the fulfillment webhook has been published. It should look like
Function URL (conversationComponent): https://us-central1-YOUR_PROJECT.cloudfunctions.net/conversationComponent
- Go back to the Dialogflow console and select Fulfillment from the left navigation menu. Enable Webhook, set the value of URL to the
Function URLfrom the previous step, then click Save.
Test on the Actions on Google simulator
- Select Integrations from the left navigation menu and open the Settings menu for Actions on Google.
- Enable Auto-preview changes and Click Test. This will open the Actions on Google simulator.
Talk to my test appin the simulator, or say
OK Google, talk to my test appto any Actions on Google enabled device signed into your developer account.
For more detailed information on deployment, see the documentation.
References and How to report bugs
- Actions on Google documentation: https://developers.google.com/actions/.
- If you find any issues, please open a bug here on GitHub.
- Questions are answered on StackOverflow.
How to make contributions?
Please read and follow the steps in the CONTRIBUTING.md.
Your use of this sample is subject to, and by using or downloading the sample files you agree to comply with, the Google APIs Terms of Service.
Actions on Google Developers Community on Google+ https://g.co/actionsdev.