About this site
This site is a one-page protest security guide. It is intended to be extremely light, fast-loading, mobile-friendly, and accessible. It is a work in progress. Please feel free to fork / contribute / log issues.
- We pulled content from here but ideally, content would be customized for a specific protest.
- ALL content on one single page.
- CSS needs more tweaking.
- Site must be accessible to screen readers.
- Idea: Provide a "download" link that will save this info to disk in case of cell signal blocking / tower overload.
- Idea: Add a section that's a kind of timestamped newsfeed. Perhaps the "newsfeed" can go on a second page.
- Idea: SMS updates for newsfeed instead?
- Minify / uglify CSS
- Audit for WCAG 2.1 AAA and log issues
- Lint all html and CSS files
Jekyll is a static site generator, an open-source tool for creating simple yet powerful websites of all shapes and sizes. This site's theme was based off of Harmony, but we've removed all JS and will be continuing to pare down the payload as much as we can.
How to install/run
- Fork this repository.
- Clone it: git clone https://github.com/YOUR-USERNAME/protest.guide.
- If you're completely new to jekyll, please read more about Jekyll and Github pages.
- Change your directory into cloned repository.
- Edit the _config.yml on root directory. Change
urlproperty to to
http://127.0.0.1:4000since you are going to run on localhost.
- Run the jekyll server by having:
jekyll serve --baseurl ''or
Point your browser to http://localhost:4000.
Note: If you are a windows user please refer to this nice website - http://jekyll-windows.juthilo.com/ by Julian Thilo to configure ruby + jekyll on windows.
Free / Open sourced under the MIT.