This is an Augmented Reality Android app. It detects and tracks the user's hand in real time and augments a rotating cube on top of it. The rotation speed can be set by the user by holding up the corresponding number of fingers.
Watch video here.
The methodology, as illustrated above, is:
- Take user input and detect hand color in HSV
- Segment hand and compute convex hull
- Use convex hull to detect fingertips
- Use distance transform to estimate palm center
- Render cube at palm center
- Set cube rotation speed with finger recognition
- Estimate depth with contour size and set cube scale
Screenshot of final app in action: