A baseline Flask application suitable for use on Amazon Elastic Beanstalk.
The code here is kept as minimal as possible, while still demonstrating the critical points/differences that running on Elastic Beanstalk requires.
Things you will need:
- Flask: http://flask.pocoo.org
- AWS 'eb' tool: http://aws.amazon.com/code/6752709412171743
- Your AWS API keys: https://console.aws.amazon.com/iam/home?#security_credential
- Git: http://git-scm.com
- Install the 'eb' tool.
- Git clone this repository.
- Run 'eb init' in the repository, and answer the questions, providing your API Key, etc.
- Run 'eb start' in the repository, and wait for it to complete.
- Run 'git aws.push' in the repository.
- Run 'eb status' in the repository, and wait for it to return 'Green' status.
- Browse to the URL reported by 'eb status', and be amazed at your autoscaling, crazy, cloud-based application!
For More Detailed Instructions
For more detailed information, and a step by step walkthrough of each command, etc., check out my blog post!.