Search for apartments near a given location. You enter the latitude and longitude of the location, and what radius you're looking within.
Apartment Finder returns a list of apartments with:
- The least expensive monthly rent (eg. for a studio, or one bedroom).
- Average Yelp rating.
- Number of Yelp reviews.
- How far the apartment is from the location you provided.
Apartment Finder will also calculate a score for each apartment. The score is between -5 and 5 (think 1-10, but centered around 0 instead of 5). The score is based on:
- The average Yelp rating (and weighed by the number of reviews).
- How far it is from the location you provided.
getScore in utilities.js for the details.
The monthly rent prices are being scraped from apartmentfinder.com. I wasn't able to get prices for all apartments. I have to figure out what the correct apartmentfinder.com URL is, given the name of the apartment from Yelp. But the mapping isn't always easy/possible.
- Have a Google Maps plugin instead of having the user input the coordinates manually.
- See if there's a way to get the correct apartmentfinder.com URL more often.
- Maybe incorporate Google reviews as well as Yelp reviews.