Todo Lists for Redmine
This is a quick implementation of basecamp-like to-do lists. Every to-do item is an "Issue" behind the scenes - this way you can track everything in the "Issues" tab: discuss, upload files, and so on.
- Ruby 2.x (should work with 1.9 and 1.8 too, however there were some issues reported)
- PostgreSQL/MySQL/SQL Server (a few features are missing on SQL server though)
- Rails 4.x
- Clone this repo to plugins/ directory (so all files are in plugins/redmine_todos)
- Really make sure all the files are in plugins/redmine_todos - git clone will clone it to Redmine-Todo-lists by default so you have to rename the directory
- Make sure one more time everything is in plugin/redmine_todos :)
RAILS_ENVto production (unless you explicitly want to use other environment) by running
- Configure the plugin in admin > plugins
- Setup per-role permissions in admin > roles (this plugin comes with multiple new types of permissions)
Do you like it?
Why don't you star this repo? It is great way to say "I like this thing!"
- As you probably noticed - it is really important to put it in the plugins/redmine_todos directory, if you forgot to rename the directory, you should rename it and rerun
rake redmine:plugins:migrate RAILS_ENV=...
- Are there tables missing in your database after the installation? There were some reports that running
rake db:migrateand then re-running
rake redmine:plugins:migratemay help
- To-do lists management
- Private to-dos and to-do lists
- Very friendly Ajax UI - heavily inspired by basecamp and created with Angular.js
- Enter To-do items as simple as: type, enter, type, enter
- Add an existing issue to your To-do list by typing
#and issue number
- Reorder and move to-do items between lists with ease by dragging them
- Reorder to-do lists by dragging them
- Assign items to users and set due dates with a few clicks right from the list
- If you will update an "issue" entity in a different module, this plugin will know about it
- Manage access
Not sure? Check out these screenshots:
- Basic view
- Adding a to-do
- Adding a to-do list
- Assigning a to-do list and setting due date
- Reordering to-dos
- 0% test coverage
- Works with MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Tested only under firefox 23 and chrome 28 - it probably won't work well with IE (especially that angular.js is involved and no compability changes were performed)
- Info for devs: I noticed that on dev server (WEBrick) managing issues sometimes results with an error 500 (error message points me to some other plugin I have). There are no problems on production server though.
I use a local redmine installation to keep things organized. I created this plugin for myself, but I thought it might be useful for someone somewhere.
By no means I am a rails programmer - this is the first piece of ruby code I ever wrote, and probably there are some horrible mistakes in there. I didn't create this plugin as a perfect example of code for all to see, I created it because I desperately lacked some user-friendly interface for todos management and there was no plugin available for that. If you find any bugs, you are welcome to fork this repo or open a Pull Request.