Important Note: Adapt no longer supports IE8, 9 & 10. If you need support for those browsers, please use the legacy branch of Adapt instead.
What Does It Do?
The Adapt framework is a toolkit for creating responsive, single-version HTML5 e-learning courses for delivery on a web server or SCORM-compliant learning management system.
We've also created a server-based authoring tool for creating courses using the framework.
Interested? See what Adapt can do.
- Open source, published under the GNU General Public License, and FREE
- Responsive across multiple devices and platforms
- Delivery of courses via SCORM compliant LMS or via web server
- 23 bundled plug-ins, more available through the community
- Meets WAI AA accessibility standards
- Right-To-Left compatibility
- Assessments with support for question banks, randomisation, and customisable feedback
- Step locking and bookmarking
- Multi language and localisation support
- Customisable theme
- Built-in animation effects
- Experience API (xAPI) support via the adapt-contrib-xapi plugin
Got five minutes to spare? Check out our whistle-stop tour of the framework to find out more.
Visit the wiki for full documentation, including installation, course authoring, developer guides, and other information.
- Twitter: @AdaptLearning
- Community Site
- Technical Forum
- Bugs / Feature Requests
- Responsive e-Learning Forum
Contributing to Adapt
Troubleshooting, Bugs, and Feedback
- For help with troubleshooting, visit the Technical Discussion Forum.
- To report a bug, please submit an issue via Github Issues.
- To provide feedback, please use GitHub Issues.
Adapt is licensed under the GNU General Public License, Version 3.
Node >=14 is required for the grunt tasks to run as needed