Adblock Plus for Android
An Android app that runs a proxy to block ads.
Updating the dependencies
Adblock Plus for Android has dependencies that aren't in this repository. To update those, call:
Buildling with Ant
In the project directory, create the file local.properties and set sdk.dir and ndk.dir to where you installed it, e.g.:
sdk.dir = /some/where/sdk ndk.dir = /some/where/ndk
Connect an Android device or start the Android Emulator, then run:
ant debug install
Finally, you can run Adblock Plus from the launcher.
Building with Eclipse
- The Android SDK
- The Android NDK
- Android Developer Tools for Eclipse (both Developer Tools and NDK Plugins)
- Ensure the
NDKROOTenvironment variable points to your NDK directory.
- Select Import in the File menu, then Existing Android Projects Into Workspace.
- Select the project directory (adblockplusandroid) as Root Directory.
- Select the projects Adblock Plus, library and android-switch-backport.
- Revert any local changes to .classpath in adblockplusandroid and adblockplusandroid/submodules/android-switch-backport.
- Connect an Android device or start the Android Emulator.
- In Eclipse, select the Adblock Plus project, then run it as an Android Application.